Insect rearing technician (M/F)
- Posted on January 11, 2017
- Located in Evry
- Job start on ASAP
- 1-5 years feild years required
Ynsect is a world-class pioneer and leading company in insect industrial technologies. We develop insect farms. This breakthrough technology consists, on the one hand, of rearing insects at large scale. On the other hand, it consists of transforming those insects into specialty molecule streams for agro-food and feed (proteins, lipids), chemical and high-tech industrial applications (chitin derivatives). Insects are a sustainable resource and show tremendous potential as an innovative way to turn low-value organic resources into high-value materials for feed, food and green chemicals markets.
At Ynsect, we all work together to contribute to build a sustainable system to feed the world. We believe that insects are part of the solution, and that it is the right thing to do, right now. Ynsect is a 50 people company, with 10 different nationalities.
Ynsect is an innovative company that has won many awards and has known a very strong development for 3 years.
The candidate will be in charge of operating an insect rearing unit. The rearing unit includes test of several rearing processes applied to a larvae production line and a reproduction line, to assure continuous internal supply.
The candidate will also help undertaking experiments to upgrade and optimize production processes.
The candidate will undertake the following tasks:
- Follow-up of material orders and relationship with suppliers;
- Support on lab management and maintenance;
- Application of experience protocols;
- Contribution to the setup of new process lines;
Rearing unit maintenance
- Maintenance of the rearing unit. Feeding insects, controlling insect health, monitoring abiotic factors such as temperature and humidity, carrying out several operations according to process specification, updating process specifications;
- Data collection, consolidation and interpretation;
- Proposing and testing new ideas to improve production;
- Contribution to the general planning and management of the rearing unit
- Diploma (DUT, BTS, Bsc – Bac+0- Bac+3) in life sciences, agronomy, entomology or a related field;
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience;
- Knowledge in animal nutrition – a must have;
- Knowledge and implementation of laboratory and animal husbandry good practices;
- Good knowledge and experience in insect rearing techniques – a must have;
- Good knowledge of lab work methodologies – a must have;
- Affinity for manual labour;
- Good writing skills, common usage of office software (Pack MS Office);
- Autonomy, good interpersonal abilities, initiative, taste for experimentation, affinity for teamwork;
- Interest for sustainable development and environmental care;
- English spoken and written;
- French spoken and written;
The position has the French “CDD” status (Contrat à Durée Déterminée) and is a full-time position.
The job includes regular travels in France, and also in Europe and abroad.
The salary is to be defined according to the experience and profile adequacy to the offer, and does include variable remuneration. 50% of public transportation costs are financed by Ynsect.
The job will take place at Ynsect office at Genopole – Evry (next to Paris, 45 minutes South-East with local train)
Applications consisting in a résumé and a motivation letter will be written in English and sent to the following email address jobs049ftpp[at]ynsect.com.